Tuesday, November 2, 2010

not cool!


got a bit of a shock saturday night when i was istock looking for some photos to buy for a brochure i am doing...i came across an EXACT rip off of my christmas card that was published on print and pattern last december. it wasn't a coincidence- it was a blaten rip off. it made me quite deflated...i (like a lot of you im sure) am trying to get my name out there as a respected graphic designer/illustrator. to see your work being copied and then sold as someone else's is terrible and it made me not want to share my work on public sites anymore. it is all ok now and the images have been taken off istock. anyway- i will continue to share and show my work, as i enjoy doing it- but gee it made me think twice about trusting absolutely everyone...and in saying that- here is a drawing i have been working on today!

3 comments:

  1. It's so rubbish when that happens! Have you seen this? youthoughtwewouldntnotice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you. It is such a tough industry and when someone copies your work it makes it worse and you do feel deflated. Hope your feeling better now and don't give up! Your work is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cr*p - that sux!! Makes me SO angry that people think they can do stuff like this. But I guess in the end the joke is on them - they aren't doing themselves any favours and will quickly earn a reputation for being a rip-off artist. And... KARMA! heheh think of all the bad juju!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...